Troubleshooting Bluetooth Pairing Problems with the Miura M010
Last changed: Fri, 24 Feb, 2017 at 9:31 AM
If the card reader does not connect to your mobile device try these tips:
1. Check the battery level of the card reader
- Make sure you have enough battery charge by checking the on-screen indicator. Charge your card reader if necessary.
2. Reconnect the reader
- Unpair your device and Miura by going to your Bluetooth settings on your mobile device and selecting “Miura”. You will then have the option to “forget this device” (iOS) or “Unpair” (Android). Do this and then repair the card reader and device.
3. Restart the Magnius App
- To close an app on iOS press the home button twice. Find the Magnius app and swipe it upwards. On Android select the “Recent apps” button, usually at the bottom right on your phone, and swipe the Magnius app to the left or right. Re-open the app as normal.
4. Reset the card reader
- To reset your card reader, insert a pin or the end of a paper clip into the pinhole at the top of the reader. A menu will be displayed. You now have 3 options:
- Power up as normal - This is the same as switching the device on and off.
- System restore - This restores the software on the device.
- Total factory reset - This resets all hardware configuration and software on the reader and should only be used when the other options do not help solve the issue.
Your account will continue to work with the reader regardless of the option you choose. The card reader may, however, require time to update its software after a system restore or factory reset.
5. Make sure you are connected to the internet
- Before pairing your reader to your phone or tablet, please make sure that you have a stable internet/3G/4G/data connection. Read more about why this is important here.
If you continue to have issues please contact us